Monday, November 12, 2012

November in Spain, a reflection on my favorite month

November is my favorite month. It starts with Halloween, continues through my birthday and finishes with Thanksgiving. Really, it is hard to find something about November I don't like. And have spent a significant amount of time living on the Mediterranean coast, I sometimes forget that it can be a cold, cruel month in the great Northeast where I was raised. These days I wear my fall jacket over my shirt and am pretty much comfortable, even in the evening hours it´s not unusual to see people sitting out on the terrace of the local bars and restaurants enjoying a tapa and a drink.

When I was younger November meant pick up football games and fires in the evening. These days I think of the changing produce in the local markets, and the sun-splashed barrios of the old city center where locals and visitors alike can drink in the culture and bask in the fresh autumn days and crisp (but not too cool) evenings that almost call you to the terrace for a glass of wine and a steaming plate of patatas bravas. All along the coast, your options may vary from a glass of sweet Malaga dulce while you enjoy a plate of berejenas con miel in Malaga to a sparkling glass of cava and a selection of local cheeses along the Barcelona coast

For more information on planning your private tour in Spain, contact The Spanish Touch at 888-480-0013.

No comments:

Post a Comment